The CrossFit dietary prescription is as follows:
Protein should be lean and varied and account for about 30% of your total caloric load. Carbohydrates should be predominantly low-glycemic and account for about 40% of your total caloric load.
Fat should be predominantly monounsaturated and account for about 30% of your total caloric load.
Calories should be set at between .7 and 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass depending on your activity level. The .7 figure is for moderate daily workout loads and the 1.0 figure is for the hardcore athlete.
As you can see, CrossFit views nutrition as the foundation for everything else. If you have any questions regarding your nutrition or the use of supplements please ask and we will gladly help you.
Here are some links for different nutrition plans.
- The Beginner’s Guide to the Paleo Diet http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/
- The Paleo Diet – http://thepaleodiet.com/
- The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan – http://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-the-primal-eating-plan/#axzz21dppwIBH
- Getting Started with Mark’s Daily Apple – http://www.marksdailyapple.com//welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/#axzz21dppwIBH
- Zone Diet Explained – http://crossfitimpulse.com/the-zone-diet-explained-edited
- Zone Diet Meal Plans – http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf
Food Blog by CrossFit Mayhem: